Saturday, 31 March 2012

Lifedrawing, the last for a while

Yesterday afternoon was the last of the lifedrawing opportunities for a while....  until June 15th, in fact.  I found the practice harder for some reason.  It will be hard to maintain the momentum for later in the year.  This drawing ventured across onto the opposite page of my sketchbook and someone suggested that I use larger pieces of paper...  
 ....In fact,  I don't like using lots of big sheets of paper very much because one ends up with a huge volume of fragile studies that end up dilapidated and not a lot of use.   For me, it is the actual practice of making the drawings and making my hand-eye (without my brain's interference) coordination.  The product is much less important.  I do have a lot of notebooks full of sketches and at least they fit into a bookcase.

This  drawing is done in about one minute, and, while it is anything but a finished piece, I loved the pose and the twist in the model's back that made her shoulders end up at different heights....  amazing pose, though I don't think she could have remained there for a long time.....
 Another pose that was at least more comfortabe for the model.....
  .... this drawing took about five minutes and I like it.

No comments: