Saturday, 30 July 2011

The studio is looking like a gallery

I have spent a couple of days hanging paintings at the studio ready for SALA.  Most of it is done, but the ladder is still there so that I can do the back wall.
But the two longest walls are looking ok...  all of the new paintings are on the wall, and there are a few old ones along the floor.  I'm not sure that they'll be staying there yet.
 The tiny paintings are attached to a kind of screen thing by the door, not the most elegant, but it will do for this coming month.
 The other side wall....  light is tricky, but the paintings here look ok too....
 I've even put one of my old paintings above the organ....
The mice are gone, it seems,  but I have a big friendly spider instead.  (These kind are not poisonous!)
She is about 5 or 6 cm (2 inches) across, from toe to toe.  She has lovely eyes.

 I made some labels.... by hand....

And as I was leaving, I really loved the shadow of the tree on the front of my studio....


I have one more little thing to boast about.  My son (an artist) is participating in a group exhibition in Sydney (he lives there) and when the exhibition was written up in the Australian this week, one of his paintings was shown....
I hope that it is easy to see.   He has a blog as well.

No comments: