Saturday, 9 April 2011

Difficult day of painting.

Today feels like an opportunity lost.  I spent much of the day at the studio,  but found it hard to paint in the way that I'd wanted.
I've been trying to paint some "Kapunda" pictures, but finding it hard for some reason...  sometimes it is all so easy, and then there are these patches.
Both are variations on the Eastern view from Gundry's Hill, and neither is finished... I need to let these dry a bit before I get back in there... or end up with mud!

This one I have actually painted over...
...or at least wiped from the canvas, unfinished.  I'm not sure that I should show these messy bits and pieces.  Perhaps one should keep them secret.

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

Better to air out the secrets...I think that they are all lovely...Wouldn't you have loves to see some of Cezanne's stuff ups along the way?
:)