Sunday, 27 March 2011

Solving problems... Hamilton style...

I have been painting several pieces that are based on pieces of Taylor's Run Road... a favourite place of mine around here.   This is my half finished painting of the old shed ruin that is half way along the road...
 I'm not really happy with it.  This is when I wish that I had some formal art education to help with some of the problems.
I went back to my usual method of solving these problems and looked at some old paintings/artists (though I often only have reproductions) and look carelully at the brush strokes and the way that they have resolved the problems.  

Today I copied part of a Corot because I really like his landscape paintings.... and his untidy trees.  The painting that I copied is in a gallery catalogue and here is the piece that I copied...
 ... unfinished,  but I have learned a lot already.

On the way home I took a couple of photographs of trees in a paddock....
 .... and a funny little hill near Allen Creek....
I am looking forward to painting tomorrow.

No comments: