Sunday, 6 March 2011

Painting at the new studio

It's been an adventurous day... the first day that I've painted at the new studio.  I wanted to try something easy so that I could see how it would all work.  I set up my little old easel (I do need a proper studio easel now) and organised my materials much in the same way as I'd been using them in the shed.... and I began a painting of the Road to Brady Creek....
 .... not finished yet,  but partly done...
The easel is set up in the corner of the room with the very best south facing window with the palest golden glow in the glass where it's easiest to paint....
 I painted for several hours and then finished for the day...

As I left,  the view of the churchyard looked like another painterly subject....
....  for another day.

2 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

The light is so warm...makes me want to curl up in the sunshine.

Jane said...

It was very hot and windy outside when I took those pictures, but cool and calm inside. Can't wait to be even more organised.