Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Bunya pines, Qld.

Another day, another painting...
This painting was made from a photograph that I had taken several years ago, in Queensland, near Toowoomba.  I had put the picture aside (along with a number of others) to use for this very purpose... making a painting.   Once again,  I used some of Cezanne's tricks...

I have also re-painted Mt Light, from the drawing in my sketchbook....
 ... this painting has quite a different  "feel" and is quite  a bit smaller than the one that I did yesterday.

People who know me will be aware that I'm not the most organised person,  and that I usualy have quite a messy house.  It seems the only place that I keep really tidy is my painting stuff...
.... I only just noticed that they colours are even sorted into four piles...  whites, reds, yellows and blue/earths.

No comments: